INTERNSHIPS & FELLOWSHIPS
The CBL Center for Conservative Women offers paid spring, summer and fall internships to students. See our Fellowships/Internships page for more information.
The individual in this position serves as the initial point of contact with the organization and must support the Center’s primary mission to promote conservative ideas and women leaders. Must have strong computer skills, including software applications of Word and Excel, and be eager to learn new software including DonorPerfect Data system. This is a key position in our office.
• Learn all aspects of database software and eventually become the office “expert” with the software. Learn how to prepare reports from database
• Maintain the information in database, keeping it up-to-date
• Open, copy and post all of the prospect mail that comes into the office, keep the mail log up-to-date with the responses, and prepare weekly summary charts
• Assist with mailings, to include multiple pages letters (printing envelopes, letters, stamping), books, posters, calendars, etc.
• Answer phones and greet visitors, directing calls and visitors to appropriate staff in a courteous and professional manner
• Maintain the office filing systems
• Mail requested materials
• Prepare banking deposits
• Assist with office events
• Other duties as assigned
This position has the potential for promotion in the future.
Please send resume, references, and salary history to [email protected], or mail to Clare Boothe Luce Center for Conservative Women, 112 Elden Street, Suite P, Herndon VA 20170.
ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
The Assistant to the President will work closely with the President, assisting her in every aspect of her work. CBLCCW is looking for an upbeat and highly motivated individual with a positive outlook, and excellent interpersonal skills to join our team. Candidate should be a quick learner, articulate speaker, and excellent writer. The President leads a busy and very productive office where everyone on the staff has a heart for what we do to advance conservative women leaders.
• Work directly with the President on a variety of projects including with supporters and preparation of Foundation and other funding proposals
• Act as a gatekeeper for the President, serving as a liaison between her and the outside world and when the President is traveling, take her incoming calls and keep in touch with her on the road
• Initiate regular written letters and communications with organization leaders and review letters, articles, emails etc. before passing along to the President
• Draft correspondence that comes to the President or the Center in general as appropriate
• Manage administrative tasks including mailings and communications with key allies and speakers
• Plan and coordinate special events such as luncheons, lectures and multi-day conferences. Some travel will be required for events
• Assist the President with the production of a monthly report to the Center’s key supporters and leaders and manage the process of writing and producing the Center’s quarterly newsletter
• Know or become extremely competent with Donor Perfect management software and keep contacts on Constant Contact up to date
• Undertake other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must be committed to and enthusiastic about Clare Boothe Luce Center for Conservative Women’s mission and programs and have previous office experience in the conservative movement. She will have a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree and at least 4 years of post-college experience working in a nonprofit or in a similar field.
The candidate should have a work history that demonstrates success in managing multiple projects simultaneously, excellent organizational skills, and a high degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness. She needs an ability to work as a team member in a collaborative way and have high quality written and spoken communication skills. She should be a fast learner and self-starter who completes all tasks, has the ability to complete work independently and has experience with managing timelines and schedules. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one pdf document to [email protected]:
• Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and our mission and salary history
• Three or more professional references
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.