Billed as Employer Reviews for Women, by Women, the fairygodboss project is the brainchild of Georgene Huang, then a job-hunting soon-to-be mom who “was looking for companies that were friendly to women and wouldn’t ‘mommy-track’ her career.”
Huang and co-founder Romy Newman started the website less than a year ago. It has since “collected over 19,000 reviews on over 7,000 employers.”
The majority of the site’s reviewers are American workers, and, site-wide, the median age range is 25 to 34 and the median salary range is $80,000 to $100,000 a year.
The founders recently analyzed reviews to identify the top five factors that women rated highly to job satisfaction. They are:
- a work culture where women are treated fairly across many dimensions;
- an environment where they see gender-balanced management teams;
- an environment that promotes work/life balance;
- an environment with family-friendly values and practices; and
- an environment with more generous paid maternity leave policies.
Source: A Site Where Women Can Review Their Employers’ Female-Friendliness, TheAtlantic